"If bodily illness confronts you, do this at least twice a day.
1. Get as comfortable as you can, releasing all tension.
2. Resolve that for at least a few minutes you will forget the bodily discomfort, the pain, the fever, or any other symptom which distresses you.
3. Try to let go, to relax all over, so that all tenseness disappears from your body.
4. Close your eyes and know that your body is the house in which God dwells, that God is in you as you, that God is what you are.
5. Then quietly, very slowly, with ample time for a deep realization of every word, say:
There is One Life; that Life is God, that Life is perfect, that Life is my life now. My body is a manifestation of the living Spirit. It is created and sustained by the One Presence and the One Power. That Power is flowing in and through me now, animating every organ, every action and every function of my physical being. There is perfect circulation, perfect assimilation and perfect elimination. There is no congestion, no confusion and no inaction. I am One with the infinite rhythm of Life which flows through me in love, in harmony and in peace. There is no fear, no doubt and no uncertainty in my mind. I am letting that Life which is perfect flow through me. It is my life now. There is One Life; that Life is God, that Life is perfect, that Life is my life now."
To learn about the science that supports this, read Dr. Joe Dispenza's article in the August 2014 issue of Science of Mind Magazine, available at Barnes & Noble or through Center for Spiritual Living-Ashbury Heights..
Image thanks to 123rf/Stephano Lunardi