Frequently asked questions about Science of Mind
1. What is Science of Mind? - Science of Mind® is a philosophy that integrates spiritual truths with science and philosophy. Simply put, Science of Mind teaches the unity of all life. Intentions and ideas flow through a field of consciousness, which actually affect and create the world around us. This idea is common to most major religions and is supported by the teachings of psychology and quantum physics.
In Science of Mind, we believe that the secret to living a successful life is to consciously choose positive and productive thoughts. Put another way, “As you think, so you become.”
Science of Mind is the core teaching of Centers for Spiritual Living, which is an organization of over 400 spiritual communities that provide spiritual tools to transform our personal lives and help make the world a better place.
2. Is Science of Mind a real science? In Science of Mind, we believe that the fields of religion and science are complementary, and that science will prove what the mystics have said for thousands of years about the nature of God, human beings, and the Universe. These beliefs are being proven even now by quantum physicists who have found that the universe is made up of energy that cannot be destroyed and is infinitely intelligent.
Science of Mind is also scientific in that is uses laws of nature to prove spiritual principles. Any person can experiment with the principles and measure the results.
3. Is Science of Mind related to or connected with Scientology or Christian Science? No. Science of Mind is in no way related to Scientology and is a unique and separate entity from Christian Science. Ernest Holmes, the founder of Science of Mind, studied many of the spiritual leaders of his time, including Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, but he was not a member of that group.
4. What is the role of prayer within Science of Mind? Science of Mind honors all forms of prayer. In addition, we teach a unique and scientific form of prayer called Spiritual Mind Treatment. This powerful, affirmative method of prayer was developed by Dr. Ernest Holmes. Spiritual Mind Treatment involves a five-step process that harnesses the creative process of consciousness. This type of powerful, scientific prayer allows new levels of health, wealth, love, and wholeness to become a reality in our lives.
5. What is the role of meditation within Science of Mind? We encourage meditation as a spiritual practice because it strengthens our understanding of the power of our inner being, and allows us to experience the unity of all life. By being still and quiet, we are able to hear the inner voice and follow its guidance.
6. What is the role of affirmation within Science of Mind? We encourage and teach affirmation as a powerful spiritual tool which we call Spiritual Mind Treatment. By consciously choosing to speak about our good as a present reality, we set a powerful intention. When we speak it, feel it and act it, affirmative thought becomes the creative force for good in our lives.
7. What does Science of Mind believe about Jesus? We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a loving, powerful man who walked the earth two thousand years ago. Jesus was a Master Teacher and a great example of how to live the individual expression of God. In Science of Mind, the phrase "Christ Consciousness" is used to refer to a universal principle of God expressing through humanity. Jesus was a great example, given to us all, of fully living our divine potential, our "Christ Consciousness."
Center for Spiritual Living -
2118 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Sunday Celebration Service
10:30am - 12:00pm
"Miiracle Minute" prayer with practitioners after service
2nd Sunday of each month is
Cafe Sunday - Bring a Friend